BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Everything's Bigger in Texas....

In Texas, everything's bigger... Football, Cheerleaders, the stars at night....
And in our small town, being nominated for the Homecoming Court is a huge deal. The senior class votes and the top five girls are the nominees (no other class is allowed.) And this year, they've added five senior boys, so tomorrow the entire school votes from these five girls and five boys for Homecoming Queen and King, and it will be announced at the football game Friday night. They even made the front page of the local paper today!
And yes, I am proud to say that my daughter, DD, is one of the five nominees.  She is honored, of course, to be one of the five senior girls, and I am so happy for her.  She really gives 110% in everything she does, and makes it her goal to be a role model.
As a matter of fact, along the way, I have gotten involved in all of the social media to sort of watch what their generation does and to stay current in my field of communications. I do Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, You Tube, Pinterest, Vine,  and Snapchat and I can tell you that most of my "followers" are DD's friends, since I mostly post about her. She's my only child still living at home, and my older two aren't that into social media. You have to know who your audience is, and the point of me telling you this is that there are tons of junior high and younger girls in our town that follow ME to see what DD does. She is high profile here since she is a varsity cheerleader and lieutenant on the danceteam, along with band color guard and most other clubs at school.
So I thought it was funny that one of the other nominee's mom told me tonight that her husband was discussing this subject with his buddies at the local bar last night, and they all decided that it's between DD and his daughter. How funny that even the men are laying bets -- small town living!!
Of course I'd love for my daughter to win, but just to be nominated is truly such a treat.
It's sort of our version of the Academy Awards.....


0 comments: