BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 31, 2014

All Good Things Must End?

The deadline cometh.... and I'm not talking about April 15th. No, tonight is the Obamacare deadline so on Friday I went by a local insurance company and as I drove up, I noticed it was crowded which it never is. I asked for an appointment, and the older woman with specs on looked at me in a sarcastic, angry manner and said they were booked all day Friday and only had one appointment left on Monday. As I looked around, I saw all the late-comers like myself who were waiting to get in to see someone.  Lucky for me, at that exact moment someone had stood up one of their representatives, so I got in.
My older daughter, Alex, had said that her in-laws had tried to go on the government website several times, and finally her father-in-law (who is very intelligent and has a great professional job in Houston) had to come home from work recently and it took him a half day to get their grown son into Obamacare (that son is in rehab.)
My point is that most of America is busy with their lives and are not understanding that they don't HAVE to go to the government website. There are no longer pre-existing conditions, and anyone can sign up anywhere. As a matter of fact, I RECOMMEND that people do this today because the gov't site is crashing. My sales rep said she did not want to put me down for automatic bank draft, and said Blue Cross Blue Shield is having a nightmare for billing, and that it could get screwed up or cancelled if I did the draft, as they were not prepared for this kind of volume. I knew that BCBS is one of the Obamacare providers, and I got to choose from the same plans as someone would on the gov't site.
This has NOT been made clear to the general public.
It is so disturbing to me that the government is now in charge of healthcare in our country, which has been a shining beacon of light and hope on this planet for a few hundred years.
Now taking care of our health will be like going to the DMV.
Great....


0 comments: