BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 30, 2013

"God Himself could not sink this ship..." - Titanic captain, Edward J. Smith

Tomorrow is the last day of school for my high schooler. She only has two more years, and then even my baby is "leaving the nest." I'm trying to mentally prepare for it, since I know that life will never be the same once my last child is not living with me, but I guess it's impossible to totally prepare....
I find myself a little down lately, and can't really pinpoint why. I suppose it's a combination of things but I am trying to be thankful for what I have. And I believe God when He says, "For my God shall supply ALL your needs, according to His riches, in glory, by Christ Jesus." I've been saying this one a lot lately.
As an advertising rep on straight commission, sales are trending down each year, yet I'm working harder than I ever have. Most of my accounts say, "I really like you but..." and then give the reason why they can't advertise. This, then, makes my boss come down even harder on me, and I feel like the proverbial horse that is being kicked while it's down. My ex-husband is looking for a job, and with little money in the bank, will probably have to sell his house asap. My older daughter and family are moving to San Antonio for a better job, and my son is underemployed but his new wife works for the government, so her job has lots of benefits.
And then there's DD... just turned 16... will drive soon... that's scary. With everyone texting and driving these days, it's a different day when you turn them loose on the roads now. And since I'm making less money, we will have to move to a house with lower rent, which is also a bummer. I know, I know. I've got to be thankful for what I have. It's just that we seem to be going in the wrong direction.
How does anybody make it any more?? And if you read the news at all, you know that we really have already lost the nation - it's just most people don't know it yet. I mean, I live in Texas, and we seem to have it better than most states, but if THIS is the best?? I can't even imagine what the other states are dealing with. Americans are moving to Texas at break-neck speed, but are probably finding that we don't have jobs here either. Our state is like California in the 70's, and growing faster than we can keep up with. Rent houses are going in one day (and for a high amount), and in our cities, homes for sale are in bidding wars since inventory is low. That may be good for some, but overall, it's bad for most of us. Yes, you can sell your house, but then where are you going to go? The rents are higher than what your house payment was. And that's if you have a job.
With Obamacare coming, and the IRS enforcing it? Then what? And America keeps distracting themselves. It's like we're the Titanic and we've hit the iceberg. Everyone is aware that things are bad, but most don't want to believe that we are going down.
And the band plays on...


0 comments: